RICHARD D. BUCKLEY The year he became President of Buckley Broadcasting (1972), he signed this typed memo to radio/TV host George Sanders. Typed memo signed: “Richard D. Buckley”, 1 page, 5½x8½. New York, N.Y., 1972 April 18. On his personal Buckley Broadcasting Corporation letterhead to George Sanders. In full: “I made a copy of the attached report in the event that I wanted to clarify this or that point before my arrival in Portland. The odds are that I may have a question or two before you leave town. I appreciate very much your time and cooperation.” In 1972, Richard D. Buckley succeeded his father as President of the Buckley Broadcasting Corporation, holding that office until 1972. Buckley Radio owns approximately 20 radio stations on the East and West coasts, including New York City’s WOR. Through the WOR Network it also supplies syndicated programming to more than 400 stations in the US and Canada. Buckley also served as Chairman of the Board of the Radio Advertising Bureau. George Sanders, a radio/TV personality best known for his interviews, broadcast from Portland, where Buckley Radio has no affiliate. Whether Buckley was preparing for an appearance on Sanders’ program or wished to discuss some other radio business is not known. Lightly toned at edges. Fine condition. – Please contact us if you have any questions or require additional information. DOCUMENT 23304
- Makes a memorable one-of-a-kind gift or unique centerpiece for your home or office!
- Use the Amazon “Make an Offer” option and get a quick response today!
- UACC registered dealer #RD110 and long-standing member of the Manuscript Society – In business since 1981.
- We only sell 100% authentic autographs & manuscripts and every purchase is backed by a certificate of authenticity recognized by every major insurance company around the world – Buy with confidence!
- We are here to answer any questions you may have regarding this or any other piece. We have an outstanding reputation for the thoroughness of our research, for our business integrity and for our service to our clients.